Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Jeep

Every once in a while, my husband will bring home this junky, old, beat up, jeep wrangler. Believe it or not it is his company's extra vehicle.  Just in case one of the work trucks breaks down, they will then have a 50/50 chance of getting this hunk of junk started. 

There are many reasons I don't like this jeep.  First off,  it leaks oil all over my driveway.  Then we have sprinkle the driveway with kitty litter to soak up the oil.  I'm sure the neighborhood cats love this.  Second, the top barely zips on anymore.  It is not recommended that you ride in it when it is cold or raining.  One fateful night last January my husband had to rush me to the emergency room for kidney stones.  When I hobble outside in extreme pain, in the cold and rain, I notice that the vehicle "warming up" in the driveway is the jeep.  That was a long ride! 

With all this said, I do love the jeep when it is a warm, sunny, blue sky day.  We all piled into the jeep today to cruise the countryside.  We cranked up the radio and let the wind blow our hair.  Tatum and Tess love to ride in the jeep.  Tatum puts her hands up like it's a roller coaster ride.  Tess kicks her feet up and lets the wind blow through her toes.  All in all it is handy to have around on a day like today. 

2 comments:

  1. My aunt has a similar Jeep. I have fond memories of riding in the Florida sun at the beach sans seat belts. It is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only time I have ever been in a jeep is when we rented one in Colorado. Scary stuff. Sounds like a wonderful day to go cruising!


    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete