Thursday, March 1, 2012

What...me, blog?

This is my first blogging experience and I am actually pretty excited.  I am a faithful reader of a few blogs, but never considered writing my own.  I mean, what would I write?  Then I was approached by Ruth Ayres to try the Slice of Life challenge, and before I knew it my fingers were finding their way to my computer.  Before I began this journey into the realm of an online wordsmith, Ruth had warned me that choosing a blog name is the hardest part.  As I stared blankly at the empty box where I was to produce a blog name, I began to understand the pressure of finding a blog name with "meaning".  Finally, after tossing some blog names at my husband, to see if any would stick, I settled on TheMOTHERship.  The fist thing I think of when I hear or see the words mother ship, is that large alien vessel that Will Smith blows up in the movie Independence Day.  Not exactly the image I wanted for my blog, but upon further review, I found that a mother ship is really a larger ship that provides safety and supplies for many smaller ships.  This idea totally relates to my life as a mother and teacher!  I spend most of my life providing for my smaller ships.  Whether it is love, guidance, knowledge, discipline, clothes, or food, my job is to provide for and protect my smaller ships.  So, TheMOTHERship was born.  I hope it becomes an outlet for my thoughts and experiences in motherhood, teaching, and life.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Stacy! I'm so glad you decided to join the challenge. I can't wait to get to know you better through your slice. What a great name for your blog. It's perfect.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete